Our next home reno

>> January 16, 2014

With a new year comes new resolutions (blogging more, perhaps?) - and in our house, it also means new projects. I feel like we only just got done with the kitchen, and we are already jumping into the next big thing.

As I've mentioned before, our house only has one. bath. Yes, you heard right. A single bathroom. No extra toilet hiding in the basement, no extra shower for guests. Just one of everything. Well, everything important. God forbid we should all get the stomach flu at once - we'd be royally screwed. So this is the year we are doing something about it. And even though my daughter is only 2.5, I feel like her days as a bathroom-hogging-teenager are right around the corner.

So something needs to be done.  We are planning a small renovation, with BIG changes. It means rejiggering our floorplan, shifting around our master bedroom, ripping down walls, and adding new ones. But in the end it means we will have a (small and modest) master bath.  EVen though it won't be huge, it will have great style!  We've already started purchasing, so here's my inspiration board.


I will show you the new floor plan soon, but today is all about the bath. The demo will begin in the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned on Instagram for those peeks!

Mirror (which I got from One Kings Lane, but is exactly the same), vanity (yes, getting a vanity from Amazon worries me. But it is exactly what I want and at a good price, so I am hoping the reviews are true.), sconces, faucet, shower fixtures, toilet, tp holder, shower wall tile, floor tile, shower floor tile, and paint.

3 comments:

Fran January 16, 2014 at 1:47 PM  

Your plan looks lovely! Classic and serene!

casey at loft and cottage January 23, 2014 at 3:59 PM  

Exciting, Shannon! I love your timeless choices. PS I have the Campaign lighting and some hardware in my bathroom and LOVE it. Looking forward to following along in the reno, especially curious to see how you carve out/rework your space.

Shannon @ Project Shannon January 25, 2014 at 2:52 PM  

@Fran - thanks! We can't wait to get started and have a brand new bath!!

@Casey - I already bought the lights and can't believe how lovely they are in person. I can't wait to have them installed. The post for the new floorplan will go up on Monday, so stay tuned!!

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I'd love to hear it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails