>> April 9, 2012
Now that I am doing my recipe service, which makes my dinner life so much easier, I don't make my own recipes all that often any more. But occasionally I will "feel like" a certain dish, so I will go off menu and just do my own thing. Here's a new recipe I made, that got good reviews from Hubby. Sorry in advance for the dark photos, it was late when I started dinner.
First you need one package of chicken. It always takes me awhile to clean my chicken, do you find that? I've started using my kitchen scizzors, which really helps speed things up.
Next, you will need: a baking pan (I used a 9" square metal pan, but Pyrex would work too), bread stuffing, shredded cheese, cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, milk, two Roma/plum tomatoes, and a half stick of butter.
Chicken, tomato and stuffing bake
- 1.5 Lbs chicken breasts
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1+ cup bread stuffing
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
1. Lightly coat a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pound chicken flat, and place chicken in the pan. Top chicken with tomato slices. Top with shredded cheese.
2. In a separate bowl, mix two cans of soup with the milk. Stir to combine.
3. Pour soup mixture over chicken and top with a good coating of the bread stuffing cubes. Pat stuffing lightly, pressing it slightly into the soup mixture. Pour melted butter over the stuffing, so there is a light coating across the top of the pan.
4. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice and a veggie or fruit.